You can PRE-BOOK it Now at an offer price of Rs. 289/- inclusive of shipping charges. The delivery will start from thrid week of March. We've ensured that this descriptive writing Book will be the one-stop solution to all your worries related to the pattern, topics and practice material for Essay, Letter, and Precis Writing. You'll get 90+ fully solved examples of Essays, Letters, and Precis on trending topics expected to be asked in upcoming competitive exams. Along with solved examples, you'll also get practice exercises to test your progress in descriptive writing because to score in the exam you'll have to learn to write yourself. This book will also provide you with fully solved questions of Letters and Essays asked in previous year's exams of SBI PO, IBPS PO, SSC CGL and more.
Salient Feature of this Descriptive Writing Book by Adda247
- 90+ Solved Examples of Essays, Letters, & Precis
- Informal & Formal Letters: Complete Format with Examples
- Essays on Current Affairs, Social and Environmental Causes & Trending Topics
- Practice Exercise of Essays, Letters & Precis Writing
- Solution to Previous Year's Questions of SBI, SSC CGL, IBPS & other exams
With essay writing the main issue that you might face is how to start an essay and how to structure your points/facts/ideas in a paragraph to express your views. Yes, there is a set format that for even essay writing that you must keep in mind. And you’ll get to know that through this book for descriptive writing.
Letter WritingIn recent competitive exams, we’ve seen letter to the editor and informal letters were the hot topics asked in the descriptive paper. While writing a letter one should keep in mind to write letters that get your message across without the reader calling you for clarification. Letters shouldn't be verbose and usually, in competitive exams, there is a prescribed word limit.
To help you understand the art and pattern of letter writing we have included tips and letter writing aids of both Formal and Informal Letter separately, along with solved examples of Letter to Editor, Complaint Letter, Grievance Redressal Letter, Formal Invitation etc. in Formal Letter Category and Personal Letter/ Expression of Concern, Condolence Letter, Informal Invitation, Letter of Congratulations, Thank You Letter/ Gratitude Expression etc. in the Informal Letter Category.
The art of descriptive writing is the art of discovering the ways to express your opinion in a precise and clear manner which might seem as a challenge to many candidates as they might not know from where to start! But don’t worry now with Adda247’s Book for Descriptive Writing you can easily learn the approach and crack descriptive paper of upcoming examination.
As mentioned in the syllabus of SIDBI Grade A- General Stream 2016 Exam, you would be tested on the basis of Objective and Descriptive mode of Exam.
The Descriptive exam in itself ignites fear in the mind of most candidates. And when it is combined with English Language the nervousness and the fear has no bounds. Like many you must also be scared of the coming English Descriptive test. Therefore to alleviate your fear of English Descriptive Exam, we have come up with the Expected Descriptive Topics. We hope this will help you in your preparation.
First let’s know the details of the Descriptive Exam. It is 45 minutes duration exam with 2 questions – one of Essay writing and second one is Business letter writing. And these combined has been allotted 50 marks.
Below are the expected list of Essays :
1. Environment: A concern for Coming Generations
2. GST Implication in India:Challenges and Scope
3. Digital India: The Road Ahead
4. Severely Criticized Odd- Even Scheme of Government
5. Does Free Basics facilitate Net Neutrality?
6. Award returning by Indian Writers
7. How does Selfie with a daughter help in saving girl child?
8. Steps taken by Government to promote Women Empowerment.
9. Can Swachh Bharat be achieved ?
10. Global Economic scenario- Effects, Causes and Impact.
Expected Business letter topics are as follows:
1. Write a letter to client as Manager to help him close his savings account.
2. Write a letter to the higher authority of your bank to give promotion on the basis of your efficiency and loyalty as you have given 24 years of service to the bank.
3. Write a letter to the interviewer thanking him for the interview.
4. Write a letter to the director applying for a job as a foreign language instructor, which was advertised in the newspaper.
5. Write a letter to the company head, seeking information about the trip organized by the company.
6. Write a letter to the Branch Manager for availing locker facility.
7. Write a letter to the Branch Manager for availing overdraft facility.
For Tips on Essay and Letter Writing see the below link
Master tips for Essay and Letter Writing
All the Best!