123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Cell: 555-123-9876 – email@example.com
August 27, 2014
RE: Chef and Sommeliers, August 27, 2014
Dear Michael Jones,
As an accomplished professional with 7+ years’ experience driving food service and kitchen staff performance in a fast-paced military environment, I offer expertise that will benefit your company.
My background includes facilitating food service operations by cultivating strong team alliances, managing budgets, and ensuring regulatory compliance. During my tenure with the U.S. Army, I earned three promotions to oversee staff training, quality assurance, and base kitchen operations while creating menu items to meet the nutritional and dietary needs of up to 1,500 soldiers. Furthermore, I am highly successful at managing inventory control and operating budgets in collaboration with management.
Key achievements include:
- Preparing and serving Thanksgiving Dinner for 1,345 people, winning the Garrison Award on Schofield Barracks.
- Ensuring all meals were prepared and completed on time and within Army standards as shift leader, earning a coin from a Major General for Thanksgiving meal feeding more than 800 people.
- Improving standards for an under-performing field dining facility through sanitary improvements to provide three hot meals daily for 250 personnel with no incidents of foodborne illness outbreaks.
To complement this background, I expect to complete a culinary arts diploma from L’Academie de Cuisine in 2014.
In summary, I can make an immediate and positive impact on the operational performance of your organization. I would welcome a personal interview to discuss how my qualifications would benefit Chef and Sommeliers position.
Thank you very much for taking the time to review my resume and for your kind consideration.
Dear (Mr. Rolland)
I would like to briefly introduce myself to you in order to be considered for the Chef de Cuisine position available with you at (name of restaurant/hotel etc.)
I have had extensive career experience working as a Head Chef for the last (5) years, having worked at (give examples of some of the establishments where you worked) which has allowed me to expand and enhance my knowledge of what it means to be an excellent Chef de Cuisine. My past experience has allowed me to gain fresh insight and a thorough understanding of what are the crucial elements required in order to have a successful team working closely with you and managing efficient food preparation and service.
I believe that I have gained a tremendous amount of hands on experience, working closely with the rest of the very dedicated teams of chefs, patisserie chefs, waiters and apprentices.
I wish to be able to present some of my specialties to you including some of the types of foods I particularly enjoy highlighting and developing into inspiring dishes for our customers.
I enjoy experimenting with ingredients to create innovative flavor cinations and my experience, talents and responsibilities have included the following:
(THIS CAN BE ADJUSTED ACCORDING TO YOUR SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES)
- Hiring and managing individuals on the kitchen staff team.
- Creative menu planning using seasonal ingredients,
- Cost calculations and budget forecasting for 6 months ahead,
- Dealing with our suppliers on a daily basis, keeping up with latest available products,
- Over seeing a large number of catering events, both private and corporate.
(Here mention and add some details of any awards that you have won in the past including dates.)
I enjoy building and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, I believe a happy supplier means a happy Chef and a happy kitchen!
I have included a copy of my resume (USA) / C.V (UK) for you to consider further.
Thank you for your time today and I hope to be able to discuss the position with you in detail face to face.
Looking forward to hearing from you,