Technology professional specializing in management of systems and architecture related to ERP environment with a rich work experience of general data warehousing theory, relational concepts, and Oracle PL\SQL
- Over 16 years' experience in Information System with system analysis and design methodologies
- Over 14 years of extensive experience in different SAP systems with a focus on SAP CRM, SD, FI, FICO, FISL, CATS, SD, R/3 BCS(ECCS), BPS & CPM modules
- Over 12 years of SAP BI/BW experience with a proven track record of company and customer satisfaction
- Experience in extracting data from SAP R/3, SAP ECC (LO Extractions (SD, MM, FICO (GL, AR, AP, AA, CCA, PCA, COPA), EC CS, MM), SEM-BPS, SEM-BCS, SAP CRM (Sales, Activities, Opportunities & Business Partner) and Custom Extractors.
- Created and maintained report delivery system using SAP BI portals, SAP WAS and BOE.
- Worked in 8 full life cycle implementations in SAP BI/BW using ASAP methodology with hands-on experience throughout the life cycle of the implementations from Project Preparation to Go Live & Support.
- Worked in 3 BW version upgrades from 2.0b to 3.0b, 3.x to 3.5 and 3.5 to 7.x.
- Worked with SAP BASIS and HP Team to implement BWA for SAP BI system
- Good experience in converting the business design into functional specs for both business content (modification) and custom BW development.
- Worked closely with QA to develop unit testing, regression testing and UAT test cases and track feature bugs.
- Extensive experience in designing and building custom info objects, ODS/DSO, InfoCubes, Multi Providers, InfoSets, Transformations, DTPs, Transfer Rules, Start Routines, End Routines, OpenHubs, Data Marts and APDs.
- Extensive experience in designing and building query objects and workbooks including restricted key figures, calculated key figures, structures, exceptions, conditions, user entry variables, Macros, VB buttons and virtual characters.
- An Expert in performance tuning using Compression, Aggregates, Rollups, Partitioning, Number Range buffering and BW Statistics
- Extensive experience in development and implementation of SAP user exits, Function modules, routines (Start Routines, End Routines, Expert routines and Field level routines), Update rules, transfer rules and enhancements using ABAP.
- Expert in design and development of Process Chains for interdependent processes with tasks like decision making, Data loading, Aggregate rollups, Cube Compressions, Index maintenance, activations in achieving the best possible performance and data integrity.
- Worked with SAP Security to design authorizations for Analysts, Users and Developers.
- Solid understanding of all facets of SAP BI/BW including data acquisition, transformation, loading, data modeling, query definition and report designer.
- Worked with big clients like TD Ameritrade, Weyerhaeuser, Coca Cola, Marchon Eyewear, Mass Mutual & Caterpillar.
- Involved in the preparation of standards and guidelines documents for BI/BW Projects and support in TD Ameritrade, Weyerhaeuser, Coca Cola & Marchon Eyewear.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and Customer Oriented attitude.
- Completed online training in BOBJ and did write reports using WEBI & Crystal.
- Completed online training for FICO.
- Experience managing multiple vendor on projects.
- Familiar with SOX requirements as related to I/T operations and I/T General Controls.
- ITIL Certified
- Winner of Weyerhaeuser EIM IT excellence award for 4 consecutive years
- Proven Leaderships skills with the ability to organize complex projects, defining project priorities, creating estimates, hiring for projects, build and manage teams with efficient processes and communication protocols.
- Highly motivated and ability to handle the issues independently communicating with the cross functional for its needs to develop and rebuild and improve the current existing system, eager to learn and take on greater responsibility.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Business Intelligence Analyst Cover Letter
Business Intelligence Analysts help companies increase profits and efficiency by analyzing their performance and offering advice to managers. The role of these professionals is to help executives make informed business decisions. Typical work activities of a Business Intelligence Analyst include the following: collecting past and present data, analyzing collected data, identifying strengths and weaknesses, using relevant computer software, finding ways to improve operations and reduce costs, and providing the tools needed to make strategic decisions.
Successful cover letter samples for Business Intelligence Analyst should mention the following job skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of data mining software
- Analytical thinking
- An eye for details
- Being able to handle large amounts of complex information
- Reporting skills
- Problem-solving orientation
- Communication and interpersonal abilities
Similar job requirements can be observed in the example cover letter provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Business Intelligence Analyst Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Matheney:
Upon review of your posting for a Business Intelligence Analyst, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an analytical and bottom-line-driven professional with experience analyzing processes and implementing solutions to achieve corporate goals and business requirements, I am confident that I will significantly contribute to the objectives of your company.
My expertise lies in analyzing complex business requirements, compiling market and trend data, and identifying optimal business opportunities to accelerate efficiency and revenue growth. From evaluating competitor data and assessing current conditions to liaising between cross-functional departments and executing special projects, I have acquired a breadth of experience and knowledge that will allow me to excel as a member of your team.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Performing in-depth market trend analysis and producing new business features targeting Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and overall sales performance during seven-year tenure as a Business Analyst with Seneca Ltd.
- Boosting revenue by 8% and reducing accounts receivables by 12% by developing and implementing a new billing strategy.
- Designing a new requirement management process / template with key input from senior management to improve the company’s ability to accurately identify customer requirements and increase revenues.
- Providing essential team leadership and support through effective interpersonal, organizational, and leadership abilities.
- Earning an MBA degree from Michigan State University.
With a proven track record of successfully analyzing business processes and data to inform optimal business decision-making, I am positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role and substantially benefit your company. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Kathleen J. Tavares